Digital Micrometer Model49-86 combines a precision digital linear encoder measuring system with an ultra-clear, easy-to-read digital display. The unit has a measurement range of: 0-0.050 in. (0-1.27 mm) for very thin materials such as thin plastic films, paper, non-woven textiles, board and battery separators. The motor-driven instrument utilizes the dead weight micrometer principle for accuracy and repeatability. Each unit is designed and manufactured for when the utmost precision is required. The construction of the model 49-86 consists of a heavy, solid frame which supports the unit and houses the reflective linear encoder and associated circuitry. A digital readout is provided to automatically display the specimen thickness. The lower anvil and movable pressure foot are made from lapped, stainless steel.
The unit has the capability of measuring and storing multiple readings, providing a cross machine profile. Up to 100 readings are stored and analyzed including high, low, average and standard deviation for each series of tests. Data can be permanently saved with optional GraphMaster PC-based software or printed.
- Digital readout and superior mechanical design
- For use throughout the laboratory and production floor
- Utilizes dead weight micrometer principle
- Units conversion for microns, mils, inches and millimeters
- Auto Zero
- Saves up to 100 readings during a continuous measurement
- On-board statistics include high, low, average and standard deviation
- Serial output for simple data collection
- GraphMaster™ compatible
- User-configurable options: lowering speed, dwell time, time of day, zero threshold, live readings, starting units, LED pulse, set manager password
- Special anvil diameters and dead weight loads available
Range: 0-0.050 in. (0-1.27 mm)
Resolution: 0.5 micron (0.02 mil)
Accuracy: 1.0 micron (0.039 mil)
The model 49-86 is designed to measure the thickness or caliper of a variety of sheet-like materials. Almost any material including paper, natural or synthetic fabrics, leathers, metals, plastics and rubber can be measured with precision and ease.
TAPPI T 411, ISO 534, DIN 53105, ISO 3034, APPITA 1301.426, PAPTAC D.4, ISO 037, ISO 4593, ASTM D6988, ASTM F2251